What is orchestration?
GoGrid has developed an orchestration engine that allows developers to create solutions at the click of a button and then automate deployments across multiple clouds and on-prem environments. We call this approach 1-Button Deploy™, and it’s already being used to solve core business problems that proprietary Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offerings can’t address. Technology and solutions providers can boost adoption by enabling frictionless 1-Button Deploy™ evaluations for a broad range of applications that take advantage of true cloud interoperability. And customers can use 1-Button Deploy™ to easily evaluate and adopt new technologies in single-tenant environments and avoid lock-in—or build their own automated solutions.
Designed from the start to work seamlessly across any cloud in any location, GoGrid’s orchestration service can orchestrate anything with an API. For example, Cascadeo is using GoGrid’s orchestration service to develop solutions that enable deployment of everything from Microsoft SharePoint to massively scalable, highly available business intelligence (BI) applications. And FoundationDB is using GoGrid’s orchestration to develop 1-Button Deploy™ Drupal and SugarCRM solutions.
Why use orchestration?
Industry analysts have pointed to orchestration as a key strategic ingredient. “There’s a lot missing under the hood of most cloud integrations,” said 451 Research analyst Eric Hanselman. “Enterprises can’t achieve a ‘best execution venue’ strategy unless they put their orchestration efforts into overdrive. Infrastructure automation is key.”
The advantages of using an orchestration approach to computing are huge:
- Eliminates proprietary solution or single-vendor platform lock-in
- Saves money and engineering resources
- Shortens time-to-market
- Simplifies evaluations and proof of concepts (POCs)
- Creates the best POC experience without the need to purchase hardware and featuring a customized reference architecture
How does it work?
With orchestration, developers can build a solution for one cloud or any cloud on any API, eliminating wasted time and work:
- Shortens the sales cycle
- Moves prospects quickly to POCs
- Creates the best POC experience on a reference architecture tailored to customers' specific needs and requirements
- Transforms a process that used to take weeks or months into less than 10 minutes
- Provides a differentiated private-label solution
How can I get started?
Getting started with orchestration is easy. Contact us to learn more about how you can partner with GoGrid to build your own 1-Button Deploy™ solution.
Who uses orchestration?
Every sector of IT can take advantage of orchestration:
- ISVs can focus on building great technology.
- Technology and solutions providers can simplify technology rollouts and generate recurring revenue from vertical solutions.
- Application developers can easily create automated test & dev environments.
- Production users can automate disaster recovery.
- IT departments can avoid lock-in, use off-the-shelf technologies, and gain the flexibility to deploy solutions across multiple clouds and even on-prem facilities.
- Use Cases:Test, Development, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.