GoGrid Out of Beta with Performance and Feature Enhancements
San Francisco, CA August 19, 2009–Today GoGrid, the Cloud Hosting service from ServePath Dedicated Hosting, officially announced that its core cloud computing infrastructure hosting product is out of beta. GoGrid version 2.0 was released on August 6th, 2009, which included the important MyGSI feature that gives users the ability to create personal server images for rapid server cloning or parking.
With over a year and a half of innovation, development and engineering refinements, coupled with thousands of live customers running both Windows and Linux server infrastructure, GoGrid is clearly a leader within the cloud infrastructure hosting marketplace. Recently positioned in the "visionary" quadrant by a leading analyst firm, GoGrid enables IT professionals to have an alternative to costly dedicated, colocated or private datacenters by hosting that infrastructure in the GoGrid cloud.
Some notable points of GoGrid 2.0 and GoGrid in general:
- Ability to create, save, store and deploy custom server images (MyGSIs) - NEW
- 99.99% uptime achieved since the beginning of Q2 2009 - NEW
- Dramatic reduction in server deployment times - NEW
- Award-winning management web portal – NEW UI enhancements
- Programmatic control using REST-like API under Creative Commons Share Alike license - UPDATED
- Windows Server 2008 & 2003 - UPDATED
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 & 5.1 - UPDATED
- CentOS Linux 4.4, 4.5 & 5.1 – UPDATED
- PHP 5, mySQL 5, PostgreSQL 8.1.1, Apache 2.2 – UPDATED
- IIS 6 & 7, ASP.NET – UPDATED
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express, Workgroup & Standard - UPDATED
- Persistent storage on all GoGrid Cloud Storage
- Cloud Storage with 10 GB free
- Free f5 load balancing
- Cloud Connect feature to privately link the GoGrid cloud to dedicated or colocated environments within ServePath for hybrid infrastructure
- Free, static, contiguous blocks of public IP addresses
- Public and private networking within GoGrid Cloud
- Free 24/7/365 support
"Coming out of beta is an important achievement for GoGrid," said John Keagy, CEO and Co-Founder of GoGrid and ServePath. "This notable event further affirms our commitment to providing our customers with an enterprise-ready product, complete with the product and support infrastructure that our customers demand."
GoGrid Version 2.0, complete with the new MyGSI functionality, is currently available to all GoGrid customers, and also includes a number of feature enhancements as well as improved server deployment speeds. Details of these and other new features in this important release can be found at the GoGrid "What's New" page, the GoGrid blog, the GoGrid Wiki and GoGrid User Forums. For details or to sign up for GoGrid Cloud Hosting, please contact a Sales Representative at: www.GoGrid.com.
- Welcome to GoGrid!
- I'm a Cloud Infrastructure and Big Data Solutions expert.
- What questions do you have today?