At GoGrid, data transfer is measured in gigabytes. There are no charges for private network data transfer between servers within a single data center, and no costs associated with inbound data transfer to your servers. You’ll only be charged based on your outbound data transfer.
- Simple Billing
You’re only charged for outbound data transfer. There is no charge for inbound data transfer to your servers, and you have unlimited data transfer between services on your private VLAN.
- Private Network Automation
We make it easy to optimize your services by auto-assigning private network addresses and letting you connect to your Cloud Storage service over the private network.
- Advanced DC-to-DC options
Private network data transfer is free within a data center; if you need a private connection between data centers, however, you can provision our CloudLink service as well.
GoGrid customers pay for outbound transfer per GB and are billed monthly. There is no charge for inbound data transfer. Consult the table below to estimate your costs. If you need help assessing your monthly usage, one of our cloud experts can help if you start a chat.
|Outbound Transfer Options||Pricing|
|First 1 GB||$0.00|
|2 GB – 1 TB||$0.12 per GB|
|1 TB – 10 TB||$0.11 per GB|
|10 TB – 50 TB||$0.10 per GB|
|50 TB – 200 TB||$0.09 per GB|
|More than 200 TB||$0.08 per GB|
- Inbound data transfer: There is no charge for data transfer from the Internet to your network. All inbound data transfer is free.
- Outbound data transfer: Data transfer charges aren’t charged until you turn your Cloud Server on and send data over the public space, including your bandwidth used to log into the system remotely. If you’re using remote desktop to manage Windows or SSH for Linux, you’re being charged for that bandwidth leaving your server. When your system is offline, you aren’t paying for data transfer.
- Private network transfer: There is no cost associated with private network transfer—that is, data transfer between services with a given data center—on GoGrid.
- DC-to-DC private network transfer: If you need a private network connection between data centers (DCs), you can purchase CloudLink. CloudLink is a redundant private network connection between data centers, allowing for unmetered traffic between sites. Monthly pricing is based on bandwidth speed.
CloudLink provides a direct connection between GoGrid’s data centers. You can purchase CloudLink to take advantage of a redundant, private, dedicated connection that means fewer hops and less conflict with other traffic. CloudLink is an unmetered product; you can push any amount of traffic you wish. You’re charged only for the bandwidth speed you select and may purchase multiple instances of these links. For more information, view CloudLink details.