Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
To help you start out right with your GoGrid infrastructure, we've put together a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ) on the following Support topics. Just click on one of the links/tabs below, or download the whole FAQ as a PDF for reference.
- How can I access my individual servers?
- Do I have full root/administrator access to each machine I'm running?
- Do I need to add new servers manually?
- Can I set up a rule to have my GoGrid infrastructure scale with demand?
- Am I charged when my GoGrid Cloud Server is in a stopped state?
- How do I create a Support case?
- How can I access my invoices?
- Why can't I send email from my GoGrid server?
- Can I use my own server image?
- Can I clone an existing Cloud Server?
- Can I use the vertical RAM scaling feature for my GoGrid Dedicated Server(s)?
- How long does it take to upgrade RAM on my Cloud Server(s)?
- What's the maximum amount of RAM to which I can upgrade my Cloud Server(s)?
- Why is the system not allowing me to downgrade my Cloud Server?
- Can I upgrade CPU cores or hard disk space?
- Can I upgrade or downgrade RAM using GoGrid's API?
- Is vertical RAM scaling available in all GoGrid data centers?
- What operating systems are available for GoGrid Dedicated Servers?
- Can I customize the hardware on my GoGrid Dedicated Server?
- Can I use a MyGSI on a GoGrid Dedicated Server?
- How long does it take to provision a GoGrid Dedicated Server?
- Can I access a GoGrid Dedicated Server via the API?
- How is data transfer billed?
Initial Promo Credit
- I have set up an account and want to test the service. How can I check if I'm using my initial promo credit?
- I have a promo credit code. Where can I submit it?
- I inserted my promo code when I registered, so why can't I see the credit anywhere on the management console?
- Does the initial promo credit expire?
How Billing Works
- How does GoGrid billing work?
- How often do you bill customers? When can I expect to be billed?
- When is my bill date? Can I change it?
- Why was my credit card charged automatically?
- What payment options do I have?
- I got a message that my recurring charge failed. What's the reason?
- I'm getting an AVS verification failure notice. What should I do?
Managing Your Account
- Where can I locate my account number?
- What are the different types of users and what is their level of access?
- How can I update the authorized Users list on the account? Can I limit a user's access?
- When I try to add a user, I get a message that the user already exists. Why do I get this message and how do I resolve it?
- How can I delete a user from an account?
- Can I delete myself from the account?
- Can I change my login email address?
- Can I be a user on multiple accounts?
- How can I update my contact information?
- How can I update my billing address?
- How can I update my payment information?
- My credit card expired. Can I call and provide my new details over the phone?
- Why am I getting an error when trying to submit my new payment information?
- How can I find out which of my credit cards is on file?
- If my default payment method is rejected, will you charge the other payment methods on the account?
Invoices & Payment Receipts
- Where do I find my invoices and payment receipts?
- Do you send monthly invoices via mail or email?
- How do I know when an invoice is ready?
- When is an invoice due?
- What happens if I can't pay immediately?
- Where on the invoice does it say what period of service the charges cover?
- What if I have questions about my invoices?
- I've logged a billing case. When can I expect a reply?
- How do I cancel my account?
- How do I request to cancel some services?
- When will my cancellation take effect?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- If I request to cancel when my billing cycle has started and I've just prepaid my memory/transfer plan, can I receive a partial refund?
- Can I cancel if I'm under a commitment?
- How long after I submit a cancellation request will I receive confirmation that it has been processed?
- Can I cancel and get a refund if I've prepaid for a year?
- Can I upgrade if I'm under a commitment?
- Can I downgrade if I'm under a commitment?
- How do I switch to an annual prepaid plan?
- After I select an annual prepaid plan, when will the change take effect?
- When will I be charged the annual plan fee?
- What is the discount on annual prepaid plans?
- How is my discount applied?
- Is an annual subscription a commitment? Can I cancel before my annual subscription is over?
- Can I upgrade my annual prepaid plan?
- Can I downgrade my annual prepaid plan?
- Does an annual plan automatically renew once the year is over?
- What should I do to have my annual plan renew once the year is over?